Development Officer - Part Time
Creative Living Community of Connecticut, 2645 Boston Turnpike, Coventry, CT
Who we are: Creative Living is a non-profit organization with a mission to create a shared, inclusive living experience for individuals with and without developmental disabilities in a farm community, by focusing on the gifts of all in mutually rewarding relationships. The farm community is the key element of our vision.
The Development Officer is a part-time position responsible for planning, directing, and managing a comprehensive development program to raise annual funds for operations, programming, and the foundational work for our residential community. The position also may have a key role in a capital campaign, in collaboration with a campaign chairperson, that will raise funds to build our residential community. The Development Officer reports to the President/Interim Executive Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Translate current and emerging organizational priorities into achievable fundraising targets, create an annual development plan, and lead the execution of those plans for donor development and sustained giving.
- Assist the board in major decision-making related to development, such as setting fundraising goals and capital campaign assessment.
- Identify new opportunities and support ongoing efforts to attain grants from foundation and corporate sources. Write and submit grant applications, proposals, and sponsorship packages.
- Work together with the Communications Committee to build and enhance public relations efforts.
- Maintain the integrity of the donor/investor database and produce fundraising, donor analytics, and other reports as required by the board of directors
- A passion for and commitment to the mission and values of the organization; experience working with adults with disabilities and/or disability service organizations a plus
- Minimum experience of 4 years in development with increasing responsibility, including a proven track record of major gifts, annual fund campaigns, donor engagement and cultivation, and capital campaign execution ($1 million+) in the Greater Hartford area a plus
- Ability to generate enthusiasm and coordinate community and civic groups, businesses, and individuals to work together to benefit Creative Living Community of CT, Inc. and its mission
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with committee members and volunteers
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or proven commensurate experience
- Willingness to work flexible hours when needed
- Comfortable working in a small team atmosphere
Job Type: Part-time (up to 25 hours/week)
Compensation: $25-$40 hourly commensurate with experience
How to Apply: An interested applicant should submit a resume and cover letter explaining the relevance of their background to our mission and the qualifications/requirements of the position to Lynn Zerba, President, creativelivingcommunityofCT@gmail.com